Sometimes, installing a new replacement boiler is essential because your existing boiler has broken down, other times it's recommended so you can start saving money on your energy bills. Nevertheless, whatever it is, whether you're looking to replace the old, non-efficient boiler in your home or if you're wanting to upgrade to a combi boiler, we can help you find the right boiler for your home.
Types of Boilers – Which Boiler is Best for You?
Technology evolves at light speed, and when we ask the question Which Boiler is Best, we get vastly different answers every year. Because modern condensing boilers can be so similar, every little detail counts. Which is where internal components and their quality come to the fore. Before we delve deeper into the best boiler brands in the UK, quality of internal components and which boiler is best in 2019, let’s first explain what are the types of boilers available.
What Size Boiler Do I Need?
While it’s difficult to define a boiler sizing rule of thumb, it is possible to work out approximately what size boiler you need based on some basic information. Here’s how to find the right size boiler for your home…
The size of the boiler you require is also known as the output. It’s measured in kW (kilowatts) and generally the higher the number of kW, the more powerful the boiler will be. Domestic boilers usually range from 24kW to 42kW in size.
You need to find a boiler that is just right; a boiler that is too small will not be able to heat your home adequately or produce enough hot water. A boiler that is too big will use more fuel, making your energy bills more expensive and your carbon emissions unnecessarily high.
Boiler Size by Number of Bedrooms
We regularly see questions like ‘what’s the right size boiler for a 4 bed semi-detached house’ or ‘best boiler for a 2 bed terrace’. In reality, rather than recommending a boiler based on whether your home is terraced, semi-detached or detached, installers will give more consideration to the number of:
People in the home.
However, there are some general guidelines which you can base your research on; we’ve put together this rough sizing guide to help you.
A Combi boiler with an output between 24-27kW is best suited to a small terraced house, flat or apartment with 1 or 2 bedrooms. A 24kW Combi boiler will comfortably run up to 10 radiators and supply hot water for 1 bathroom.
Best Gas Boilers for a 2 Bed House
Best Gas Boilers for a 3 Bed House
Best Gas Boilers for a 4 Bed House
Three Signs You Need a New Boiler
Your radiators are taking too long to warm up your home?
Most modern boilers are capable of reaching their maximum temperature pretty fast and can start producing heat more or less straightaway; so if your radiators are taking longer to heat up than usual, their could be a problem with your boiler.
Are your energy bills are increasing in price faster than usual?
Has the cost of your heating risen in price in comparison to previous years? If so, it could be that your boiler isn't as efficient as it should or could be, which can become an expensive issue.
Is your boiler is producing some unusual sounds?
Boilers do make some noise when firing up. However, if you're experiencing unusual banging, whirring and clunking sounds; it could be an indication of a few faults with your boiler.
Get in Touch For a Boiler Installation Quote Today
Our simple process
When you commission our company to replace your boiler, you’ll receive the following:
- We will come and do an energy assessment to give you peace of mind that you’ve have the right boiler and system specified to save you money and heat your home.
- We will survey every job prior to installation to ensure your job will run smoothly with all material and trades needed.
- Your job will be booked on a day best suited to you for our highly trained installers , to carry out your installation to completion.
- Your system will be magnacleansed and all the relevant chemicals added
- Your installer will take photos of the system and fill out all the paperwork
- One of our dedicated team will call you the following day to make sure your installation is fully complete , and complete a customer satisfaction sheet.
- Once complete you warranty paperwork etc will be sent away to get processed.
- Each years anniversary of your boiler installation we shall contact you to arrange for one of our Engineers to visit you and check the chemicals in your system, and carry out a service.
we work with many boiler manufacturers to provide you with the ideal heating solution for your home.
contact us and one of our engineers will come out and assess yoUr needs and provide you with the perfect solution
Arrange a visit by one of our Energy Assessors to see how we can help
Mon- Fri 10am-8pm